Intro to this blog!




As a transplant resident of Picayune, MS I have observed since we arrived in this area in June, 2006 that there are many people throughout this city and its surrounding communities who are strong in the Lord. As I've asked the Lord to show me something I could do to reach out to others I've had a strong leading to begin this blog. Also in the past few weeks Picayune's local newspaper has included some writings as to why people live in Picayune and what this city means to them. My goal here is to allow as many as would like, to share their love for the city and to blog why they think 'Jesus Is Lord Over Picayune, MS'. Come back often and see what kind of responses we get. This is an exciting adventure for me and I really do hope you'll enjoy participating. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Please follow this blog and suggest your friends also do so. Thank you and may the Lord give you eyes to see as the Lord sees His desire for this city!


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

While on My First Assignment ...

When I first surrendered to the call to preach, (after running from it for eight long hard years); the Lord sent me to a little coffee house outreach, called,"The King's Inn'', in Picayune, Ms. This was at the head of Goodyear Blvd. & Main St. This was where I began learning hands on ministry of teaching and preaching God's Word. I was also sent to the mission field of "Goodyear Blvd." The "Vard" was the hang out of the day. While making my usual trek, from what is now P.J.'s to the other end, where Mike's Quick Stop is now, I walked in front of the first Baptist Church and came upon a group of teenagers. I started telling them about this Jesus who sent me out where they were. One was a young teenage boy, sitting in his red convertible sports car. said, "Hey man, is it a sin to drink?" Immediately I responded: "The Bible says be ye not drunk with wine where it is excess but be filled with the spirit." He wanted to know where that was found. Even though I had my Bible with me I could not quote chapter and verse. So, I said a little prayer under my breath.  'Lord, You know I don't know where this is and if I can't show them this, these kids will think I am lying.' While standing under a dim lit street I opened my Bible to the exact verse of scripture, Ephesians 5 :18, and read it to them.



How amazed I was to think God could even control my hands and fingers so precisely that out of 31,103 verses, I turned to the exact verse! How great is our God!


Pastor- Steven Stockstill

No comments:

Post a Comment